1. Attributed to the shareholders of the Group before deducting the amount attributable to the non-controlling interests.
2. Adjusted IFRS operating profit based on longer-term investment returns from continuing operations.
3. New business profit, on a post-tax basis, on business sold in the year, calculated in accordance with EEV Principles.
4. Operating free surplus generated from insurance and asset management operations. For insurance operations, operating free surplus generated represents amounts maturing from the in-force business during the year less investment in new business and excludes non-operating items. For asset management businesses, it equates to post-tax operating profit for the year.
5. Shareholder surplus over Group minimum capital requirement and estimated before allowing for second interim ordinary dividend. Shareholder business excludes the available capital and minimum requirement of participating business in Hong Kong, Singapore and Malaysia.
6. Growth rates are on a constant exchange rate basis.