23 Feb 2000
Scottish Amicable today announced its bonus rates for 1999
- The annualised rate of Daily Price Increase for current pensions contracts is 5.375% from 1st April 2000. (6.0% in 1998 declaration).
- For unitised with profits life contracts the rate of bonus is 4.75% (5.25%) on basic units and 5.75% (6.75%) on bonus units.
- For the Principal Bonus Series, the bonus on the with profits benefit assured will be 1.9% (2.2%) per annum, while bonus on existing bonus will be 3.3% (3.7%) per annum.
- The annualised rate of Daily Price Increases for the With Profits - Life Insurance ISA is 5.25% from 6th April 2000 (5.75% in '98 declaration). Annualised bonus yields will be 8.5% for investments made from 6/4/00 and 9% for investments made in 6/4/99 to 5/4/00.*
Angus Robertson, Appointed Actuary of Scottish Amicable said:
"Scottish Amicable aims to allocate profits to with profits investors in a fair and equitable manner and provide good value for policyholders. The current economic situation of low inflation has been reflected in reductions in reversionary bonus rates to ensure that we continue to be able to provide the best possible overall returns to our policyholders.
"And, while the current economic situation has meant that returns have been lower in recent years, Scottish Amicable has delivered good value for with profits policyholders compared to other forms of investments.
"With the financial backing of Prudential we are well placed to take advantage of future investment opportunities for the benefit of our policyholders - providing good payouts to current and future investors."
The value of an investment and any income from it may fluctuate and is therefore not guaranteed. Past performance is not necessarily a guide to future performance.
* The Annualised bonus yield figures include terminal bonus which may vary and is not guaranteed.
Sample payouts for policies maturing on 1 April 2000 are detailed below with equivalent figures for 1 April 1999 shown for comparison.
Personal Pensions (Annual Contribution)